3-day Anti-inflammatory Cleanse – Day 1:
- Avocados, Beets, Carrots, Celery, Kale
- Zucchini, Winter squashes
- Broccoli, Cauliflower
- All mixed greens–Radicchio, Arugula, Endive, Spinach, Chard, other lettuces . . .
- Napa, purple, and savoy cabbage
- Red, green, yellow onions
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Lemons, limes
- Raw: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds
- Coconut milk (original or unsweetened)
- Rice milk (original or unsweetened)
- Almond milk (original or unsweetened) *Not until Day 2, see note below.*
- Apples, pears, and blueberries
- All herbal teas except licorice
- All spices except licorice, paprika, chili powder, and fennel (check your curry powder to make sure it doesn’t have these inflammatory spices in it.)
- Extra Virgin olive oil, flax seed oil, coconut oil
- Sea salt in small amounts
Introduce raw almonds. If there is no reaction (inflammation weight gain) almonds will remain on your friendly food list along with raw walnuts.
Introduce chicken and/or chick peas. If there is no reaction (inflammation weight gain) then these will also be added to your food list.
- Remember to drink half your weight in ounces of good clean water everyday.
- No strenuous exercise during first three days. Walking okay.
- Sleep: try to get 7-9 hrs of deep restful sleep per night.
- Menus will be sent by request and are just suggestions (foods can be interchanged as long as you get similar replacements.
- Eat as much as you need to feel satisfied of all of the veggie dishes. Any foods with actual portions I will mention. The limit on flax granola, for example, is because flax has estrogenic components and so we limit the intake. You also never want to grind your flax portion into, say, a smoothie as the grinding allows your body to uptake more of the estrogen-like properties, which can alter your inflammation data.
Every morning you will weigh yourself at the same time of day before you have had anything to eat or drink. You will wear the same thing (or nothing).
On Day 4 you will begin testing. On the morning of Day 5 when you step on the scale you will have either continued to lose weight, have stayed the same, or have gained. If you stay the same or gain then that is an indication that the new food caused inflammation. On Day 5, then, you will go back to the set point food list in order to reset your body. On Day 6 you will then introduce another new food. Unless there is a weight gain (sign of reaction) you can introduce a new food every day and keep those nonreactive foods on your friendly food list.